The double-denim trend—also known as the “Canadian tuxedo”—is a favorite among celebrities and street style fashionistas. Some say it's a fashion no-no but I say let’s refrain from making up rules about what and what not to wear. Denim on denim works when it’s done well...
How to nail the denim on denim look:
- Avoid picking denim that’s all the same weight and wash, and accessorizing with busy pieces.
- Play with denim shades to flatter or hide different parts of your figure. Lighter colors draw attention whereas darker colors cause a slimming effect.
- Do distress! There’s just something about distressed denim that gives every outfit an edgy style.
- Cowboy boots, cowboy hats, and Western belts are of course out of question.
- Never accessorize with denim. No denim shoes, bag, or hats!
- Elevate your outfit with luxe-looking items including statement heels, a blazer, or a fabulous red lip.
What's your take on the denim on denim look?