We live in such a fast-paced life where everything moves fast, time moves fast, money moves fast and thus chaos has become such a huge part of our lives. Anxiety has become such a huge part of our lives and we are living in a constant state of unhealthy negativity.
Zen, a philosophy that advocates the state of oneness between the body and mind is one of the best ways to find peace and stability within your life. It involves seeing yourself and the world as it is and not live under any illusions.
Tips to find Zen in your everyday life:
1. When doing something, do it completely: If you are going to do something, do it wholeheartedly, give your all to it. There is always a sense of satisfaction with yourself and your capabilities whenever you put your whole heart to something and it works out.
2. Work on one thing at a time: Stop working all the time. Stop constantly being in a rush to go somewhere or do something. Find time to relax and be aware of your environment.
3. Focus only on what is necessary: Avoid cluttering your mind with problems or issues that will bring negativity to your mind. We often tend to dwell on things beyond our control. This does nothing but makes us anxious and unhappy.
4. Live minimalistically: Live simply. Don’t hoard. Collect only that which you need, whether it is material things, or relationships.
5. Aromatherapy: Can be used to minimize anxiety, ease depression and even rejuvenate your energy levels. Carry with you some essential oils for aromatherapy. You could have some of the oils in your car, your home or even your office.
6. Meditate: Meditation has been known to eradicate negative thoughts, reduce anxiety and generally all emotions that can bring unhappiness to your mind. You can do simple meditation exercises, take deep breaths in the face of anxiety or emotional situations.
7. Take a walk: Take time to walk. Not just for your body, but your mental health as well. Walking not only gives you a chance to appreciate the world around you, but it also improves your emotional well-being.
8. Keep a journal: Get a journal. Try to write on a daily basis and be honest to yourself, about yourself, about your day, about the things that hurt you and why they hurt you.
9. Volunteer: There is something about giving that always makes you feel good about yourself. Volunteer for stuff. Give often, whether it is in the form of money or time.
10. Take the time to do nothing: Lie on your bed in the middle of the day for no reason. Sit outside. Listen to music and do nothing else in the process but just being present in your body.