Summer's over. You are back to base, relaxed, ready to return to your schedule with your batteries fully charged. But what about your diet? When I say "diet" I mean your eating habits. We all know that in summer it's hard to stick to a "healthy" way of eating. Like seriously, when you're on summer vacay you're bound to consume more alcohol that you normally do ( yeah, I'm talking about the late night beach parties, clubs, bars), there's no way you'll say no to ice-cream ( sugar, sugar and more sugar) and exercise is almost non-existent ( unless you are those type of people that swim for hours at the beach).
There are a number of ways to get your healthy eating routine back on track. So why don't you start introducing a soft and easy detox routine into your lifestyle. Here's what I do to get rid of the "summer toxins".
- Water. Most important thing ever.Increasing your water intake will help flush out toxins from your body.
- Start exercising again. Even 15 minutes of a workout will do at first.
- Grapefruit. After drinking water first thing in the morning, I follow with grapefruit juice 10 minutes later.It makes a great alkaline breakfast suggestion. Alkaline foods help our bodies cope with the acidic refined choices we consume like sugar, white flour and processed meats.
- Detox baths. I did one the other day. I mixed Epsom bath salts with my Michael Kors bath beads ( for the aroma) and indulged in a cleansing bath.
- I replaced my coffee with some green tea (matcha). It is known that green tea is a great way to boost your overall health and get the antioxidants you need each day. I will keep drinking it instead of coffee for a couple of weeks.
Lastly, just stock up your fridge with healthy greens and fruits!
Stay Chic, Stay Glam