Nothing says spring like a crisp white button down shirt. The shirt dress, is a casual shirt that is extended to create a dress. You can find it in different lengths ( sleeve lengths and hemlines ). This stylish one piece solution is subtle yet exudes some sexiness.
The shirt dress is a classic spring/summer staple you will want in your closet. This versatile piece can be both city chic and coastal ready. It can be sporty/casual but can also be dressed up for a more elegant style. However this easy-breezy effortless look can be a bit of a hassle to style. They can easily look plain and boring. Here are a few tips on how to wear it with flair:
- Pick the right size. If its more form fitting then make sure you have room in the chest area. You don't want buttons popping up all over the place.
- Wear it with a belt to cinch in your waist and avoid looking boxy. However if your waist is your problem area then wear it loose. Unbelted, it will hide your midsection and thighs.
- If the shirt dress is too short for you then pair it with leggings.
- Roll up the sleeves for a more casual vibe.
- If you're going for a white shirt dress, you must wear nude underwear! I made the mistake of wearing red underwear (stupid, I know!)...I don't need to tell you the rest.
- Accessorize. Necklaces, bangles, rings, bracelets so that it doesn't look too plain.
- If it's till cold, then layer it with a cozy cardigan or leather jacket and a scarf.