The foundation we're going to discuss today has won an Allure Beauty Award in the category: Best Foundation for Oily skin. I'm always on the hunt for a great foundation, so when I went to Sephora I decided to give Smashbox's Liquid Halo Hd foundation in the shade 10 a try.
The first thing I noticed when I applied the foundation was it's consistency. I kid you not when I say that this foundation has the most sublime fluid silky texture. It literally glides onto your face. It feels like a lightweight gel at first then dries matte. It's perfect for the hot summer months. Even though it dries matte, it totally nails the whole "natural glow" look without being greasy ( it's oil free btw!). I prefer a natural "your skin looks great" look vs a "love your makeup" look. I hate the cakey make-up look.
P R O S |
- Sublime Texture
- Photographs well
- Gives a natural finish
- Doesn't turn into a mask. Gives a natural luminous glow
- Oil free formula. It didn't break me out and I have oily acne-prone skin
- Packaging. Comes with a pump
- Blends easily
- Has no scent
- Has great lasting power
- Has SPF 15
C O N S |
- Not a great selection of shades available ( there are 10 shades). I was lucky to find a perfect match for my skin tone ( #10)
- Price. It certainly in the rank of higher end brands such as Laura Mercier.
I'm definitely a fan and will be repurchasing!
Have you ever tried this foundation. If so, what did you think of it?
(if you want before and after photos of me wearing the foundation let me know in the comments)
Stay Chic,Stay Glam