Ombré meaning gradient,two toned or transition from light to dark is a technique that has been highly popular in hair but is now also trending on lips and nails. With its slow fade it creates a gorgeous effect on your lips. There are many ways and colors to ombré your lips depending on how dramatic you want the effect to be. When it comes to makeup I mostly lean towards subtle. So when I saw the “reverse” pink ombré lip in photo, I just loved how beautiful, effortless and subtle it looked.It’s really easy to do and can be worn during the day as well!
How to Reverse Ombré:
- Begin with smooth bare lips
- Apply concealer or nude lipstick
- Apply dots of lipstick on the top and bottom lip in the inner part of the lips (don’t put too much)
- Spread the lipstick across the lips using a lip brush
- Blend the lipstick outwards using a lip brush (feather it out)
- Optional: Apply clear gloss and highlight cupids bow with a highlighter. I didn’t add lip gloss,as I prefer the matte look better.
Hope these tips help!